Sunday, May 26, 2013

Memorial Day 2013


In the end we often find beginnings and that is certainly true in regards to the Civil War and the creation of Memorial Day.   We lost more then 600,000 soldiers in the Civil War, wow.   In April of 1865 we stopped fighting and in May of 1865 America began grieving, burying it's heros. As becoming one United Nations, we marked the first Monday of May as a national holiday dedicated to fallen soldiers in our military service. 

That was only 148 years ago?  We are a toddler country in comparison and I am awed by the minds, the brilliance and the belief that went into forging a new country. 

I will be the annoying one at a party talking about the brilliance of George Washington.  Clearly I think this period of American history is filled with great wisdom and courage and I honor that idea on our George Washington Tombstone Tote.  

Here is my new DIY fashion tip on carrying this wisdom, feeling chic and smart.  I have saved my grandmother's scarfs and recently have been tying them onto my bags to make our leather have a pop of summer brightness.  
          Here are her scarfs....see how great some are ??? 



Here is the tote.  Fill it picnic gear, a sweater, even a change of clothes.  I made it large and roomy so you can carry everything you want in it and a little wisdom with you as well. 



BTW if I go on about this to my children anymore, they will want me to be a memory. 



0 comments:

Post a Comment