Friday, September 13, 2013

Be Happy


Benjamin Franklin was the 15th of 17 children,  with no formal education, and he could have easily found reason to be unhappy.
I quoted on my tote for so many reason but one is that instead of stopping and making excuses he reached for greatness.
  I love this quote from him.....

"The constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness.  
You have to catch it.  
Without continual growth and progress, 
such words as improvement,
 achievement, and success have no meaning." 

I am concerned that I am measuring happiness the same way I measure hunger.  You?

I never spend my day thinking I am NOT hungry,  but when I am hungry I notice I am starved (and I get cranky)! 

Happiness seems to be calibrated the same way.  When we are unhappy,  like when we are hungry,  we chatter and chatter on about it.  When we are happy we do not notice or give it nearly the same amount of air time. 

 Am I only turning my attention to what is not working verses what is working?  Are you? 

Life is a series of things not working; the air conditioner, hair dryer, the internet, friendships, marriages the list goes on and on.. I run my own company, I have projects, four kids, two dogs, family and friends....it is very easy to look through the list and find the pieces that have fallen off the rails.





"I'm happy", say it, even if you are only happy for that one moment when you acknowledge that someone in your life cared enough to ask how you're doing. 

People say it is never a good time to get married, pregnant, have surgery or go on a diet, ...IT IS ALWAYS A GOOD TIME TO BE HAPPY..we just have to do it! 
Catch the joy.  Notice the moments when you are content, when you are full enough.  When you are not hungry.  Share them with me.  Let's start a happiness pandemic! 

The Tombstone Tote in Grey

The Ben Franklin Tombstone Tote


0 comments:

Post a Comment