Friday, August 16, 2013

Be Proactive

Wow!  Walk into the ENK fashion trade show in NY and, if you are me, the experience can go in one of two directions: "I can't believe my line is here (so proud!" or "I can't believe my line is here (I am not good enough!". 

I went from totally calm to totally insecure in about as much time as it took you to read this sentence.  My inner critic was shouting on my mental stage and before the lights went out, I had to take a moment and get myself glued together.  

So I stepped away, took a moment to breathe and left.   

The infamous "they" refers to life as a journey, the same things apply to any career.  I have to remember to hold onto that idea and not compare my journey to anyone else's (UGHHHH this is easier to write then to do).  I am much better about gaining perspective and proactively controlling my thoughts then I use to be.   Truthfully they are just thoughts. Nothing happened.  Nothing changed except I feel empowered not deflated because I took care of myself.

I wish I had been more successful at this when I was younger.  I wasted a lot of time and energy on inner conversations that were hurtful.  


Here are a few pictures I took at the show.  P.S. My camera is another trick I use when I am feeling sheepish - I hide behind the lens. 

Red Carpet Entrance

Rows of coolness...
My friends company was here.  I was dying to chat them up but they were busy.  Check out Allen and Allen, the founder Jules is one of the kindest women I know. 

King baby was there.  I am a huge fan of the company.



and me...

2 comments: